Painting, Sculpting and Modelling for Games.


Sunday 17 April 2011

Salute frenzy 2011


That was a hell of a busy day and as good as expected. I didn’t take as many pictures as I did last year, probably because I did a lot more shopping. I managed to stick to the budget despite the debit card burning in the pocket ( I had this thing in my head of Frodo and the ring). I bought Uncle Meat from JAG; it was nice to be able to speak to him. I got a fair few amount of Gobelins from Freebooter (I absolutely love them). I almost completed my collection of Hell Dorado stuff as a lot of it was massively discounted. I got a great BloodBowl team from Hasslefree, that’s the woman team. I’m planning to paint those for Ms Willett as I couldn’t go to Salute without buying something for her, that’s how nice I am^^. I also got a few random minis from Joek, Banelords and a selection of Silflor.

Of course it wasn’t all about the shopping. The tables and demo games were really cool although I seem to remember it was slightly better last year, maybe it’s just my memory. For me the best table was the tiny board from the guys at Eden Game. I just loved the theme: an old dilapidated fairground; I can’t remember seeing anything like this ever. Details and execution were fantastic however my pictures are rubbish and don’t do it justice.

There was also a table with lots of trenches. I believe it was First World War Turkish and Australians units but I could be wrong (2nd picture). The table was massive and I can’t imagine how many hours of work it took.

Overall it was a brilliant day, it was my friend Fred's first Salute and I think he found it hard going to sleep the following night. I have to mention the free mini as well which is quite good and a free bag from KR Multicase was pretty nice too.



Comme prévu, c’était bien une journée de fou. Je n’ai pas pris autant de photos que l’année dernière, probablement parce que j’ai fais beaucoup plus de shopping. J’ai réussi à ne pas excéder mon budget en dépit de ma carte bancaire qui brulait dans ma poche (je n’arrêtais pas de penser à Frodo et sa bague). J’ai acheté Uncle Meat au stand de JAG ; c’était sympa de pouvoir échanger quelques mots avec lui. J’ai aussi acheté pas mal de Gobelins de chez Freebooter (je les adore, gros coup de cœur). J’ai aussi presque complété ma collection d’Hell Dorado vu que les prix étaient extrêmement réduits. J’ai aussi acheté une équipe de BloodBowl de chez Hasslefree, c’est une équipe de femmes. Je vais les peindre pour Ms Willett vu que je ne pouvais pas aller à Salute sans acheter quelques chose pour elle ; oui, je suis sympa comme ca moi^^. J’ai aussi acheté des figurines de Joek, Banelords et une sélection de Silflor.

Bien sur il n’y a pas que le shopping. Les tables et les démos étaient super quoique qu’il m’a semblé que c’était un peu mieux l’année dernière, c’est peut être que dans ma tète. Pour moi, la meilleure table était celle du jeu Eden. Elle était toute petite mais j’ai adore le thème : fête foraine délabrée, je ne me rappelle pas avoir jamais vu quelque chose comme ça. Les détails et l’exécution étaient fantastiques et mes photos ne lui font pas justice.

Il y avait aussi une table avec beaucoup de tranchées. Je crois que c’étaient des unités Turques et Australiennes de première guerre mondiale mais je me plante peut être. La table était énorme et je n’imagine pas combien d’heures de travail ça a du prendre.

Pour conclure, c’était une super journée. C’était aussi le premier Salute pour Fred et je crois qu’il a eu du mal à s’endormir le soir. La figurine cadeau était sympa aussi ainsi que le sac cadeau de KR Multicase.

3 comments:

  1. It was a good day and I kept to my small budget aswell and my vikings actually sold on the bring and buy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like everyone who went had great fun.
    That WWI trench system is reall something else!!
    Cheers
    paul

    ReplyDelete