Painting, Sculpting and Modelling for Games.


Sunday 7 November 2010

Next victims, WIP and other good news…

Well, to start with the good news, I finished 4th on the “Pulp City Contest” with my Vigilante miniature (the superhero with trainers, see older posts). Quite pleased with that, so I’ll be expecting some mail with a few goodies.

Fairly free this month to paint what I want since I decided not to run with a few of the competitions around in November such as the “Smog” and “Kingdom Of Death” contests. I like “KOD” miniatures but they are way too expensive and it’s pretty much the same thing with the Smog minis although I do want to get some of them…but not just now.



I’ll be painting the old west guy for the Irregular competition. I really struggled to find an historical miniature under 54mm I fancied online, so I just went through my old stock and found that mini from Foundry.
I had “Sebastian” from Wyrd hanging around so I’ll do him. It is a great mini and I want to practice blood spatters (not too often you say that) so he’ll be perfect.



I’ve been busy sculpting this week; I did 2 fountains and 1 column. The big fountain will centre my town hall square for my Mordheim project. The other bits will be used for some of the buildings on that square too. I have also been practicing sculpting small details such as animal faces, bottles, jugs...etc.

Really hard but I’m getting better !!!


Bon, pour commencer avec les bonnes nouvelles, j’ai fini 4eme sur le concours « Pulp City » avec mon super héro aux basquets (voir anciens posts). Assez content d’avoir fini classé, je vais surveiller ma boite aux lettres cette semaine pour la récompense.
Je suis assez libre ce mois niveau peinture vu que j’ai decide de ne pas participer aux concours « Smog » et « Kingdom Of Death ». J’aime bien leurs figurines mais elles sont vraiment hors de prix. Il ya des figurines de chez Smog que j’ai l’intention d’acheter ceci dit.
Je vais peindre le cow-boy pour la compétition du magazine Irregular. J’ai vraiment eu du mal a trouver une mini en dessous de 54mm qui me plaise en ligne donc j’ai fouille dans mon stock et ai trouvé cette mini de chez Foundry. Puis il y a aussi « Sebastian » de chez Wyrd qui trainait. Parfait vu que je voulais pratiquer mes projections de sang^^.
J’ai été pas mal occupé avec la sculpture cette semaine ; j’ai fais 2 fontaines et une colonne. La grosse fontaine sera la pièce centrale de ma zone « Hôtel de ville » pour ma table Mordheim. Les autres pièces seront utilises pour des bâtiments autours. J’ai aussi pratique la sculpture sur des petits détails tels que des animaux, bouteilles, cruches..
Très dur mais je progresse !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment