Painting, Sculpting and Modelling for Games.


Saturday 2 October 2010

Vibrating table


I’ve been meaning to do one of those DIY vibrating tables for a while now. I followed the instructions on the advanced casting instructions from the Hirst Arts website.

Hopefully it will be the cure for the blight that is bubbles in the resin. I’ve changed the way to attach the straps on the board, I went for something more sturdy. In terms of cost I haven’t done as well as he did:


- Laminated board: £6,99

- Homedics percussion tool: £16.00 from Ebay

- Straps: £2.99

- Screws + brackets: £5.00

- Foam: free (nicked from work)

So that’s a total of £31.00 instead of $40.00, so he wins I guess. Not bad really, especially considering the price of a professional vibrating table. I haven’t used it to cast anything yet but it seems to work ok so I’m not expecting any bad surprise.

Really need to get a move on with my casting projects now!!!



Ca fait un moment que je voulais faire une de ces tables vibrantes. J’ai suivi les instructions du site Hirst Art dans la section « advanced casting instructions ». J’espère que ca résoudra les problèmes de bulles lors du moulage. J’ai fais quelques changements sur la manière d’attacher les lanières sur la planche, j’ai fais quelque chose de plus résistant je pense. En terme de couts je n’ai pas fais aussi bien que lui par contre :

- Planche : £6,99

- Masseur Homedics: £16.00 sur Ebay

- Lannieres: £2.99

- Vis + plaque: £5.00

- Mousse: gratos (j’ai pris ca au boulot)

Donc un total de £31.00 au lieu de $40.00, donc il gagne je pense. Pas mal quand même, surtout quand on voit les prix des tables vibrantes sur le marché. Je ne l’ai pas encore utilisée mais ca a l’air de fonctionner normalement donc y’aura pas de mauvaise surprise a priori.

Faut que je me mette la pression un peu sur le moulage maintenant !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment