Painting, Sculpting and Modelling for Games.


Monday 14 February 2011

Mordheiming: Minaret


A small update about what I’ve been up to those past few days. I’ve been making some good progress on those orks for my Wamped entry. I’ll post the finished entry when the deadline is up. I’ve also been busy sculpting, well, ahem practising sculpting more exactly. This is the part that’s going to sit on top of the observatory tower. I found it quite difficult, specially keeping a very symmetric shape. I think it’ll look good on the tower with a few more details around it. It’s all been done in Sculpey except for the crescent and its base that have been done in Fimo. The crescent was a good practise at using the rotary tool as I’ll have to do a lot more of this, especially for weapons. I’ve also started to work on the base, hopefully I’ll update about that during week. I have also uploaded a photo montage of what I used as inspiration for this piece.



Une petite mise à jour sur mes travaux récents. J’ai pas mal progressé sur mes orques pour la compétition Wamped. Je mettrais une photo quand je serais « officiellement » entré en compétition. J’ai été pas mal occupé aussi avec la sculpture, hum, enfin occupé avec essayer de sculpter plutôt^^. C’est la partie qui va se trouver en haut de la tour d’observation. J’ai trouvé assez difficile de garder des proportions très symétriques. Je pense que ca aura bonne allure une fois sur la tour accompagné de quelques détails. J’ai tout fait en Sculpey à part le croissant et sa base que j’ai fait en Fimo, ce qui m’a donné l’occasion d’utiliser ma mini-perceuse à sculpter. J’ai aussi commencé à travailler sur la base du bâtiment et je posterais la dessus cette semaine. J’ai mis aussi une photo montage de ce qui m’a inspiré pour cette pièce.

2 comments: