Painting, Sculpting and Modelling for Games.


Friday 1 July 2011

Moulin Rouge WIP


Another week, another WIP. I had this mini piece of set in my pile of stuff for about 20 years so I thought it would be about time to get it done. The set I’m talking about is the top of a windmill you can see in the second picture. It was originally part of a mix of cardboard/plastic medieval town set, not too sure what happened to the other bits. Although this is quite a small kit, it’s kind of a nice one and I decided to build the windmill around it.

Now I didn’t call this post “Moulin Rouge” to increase my hit numbers but really because it’s going to be a Moulin rouge…I took inspiration from a series of pictures on the web, I did some kind of a montage (3rd picture).

So far I’ve worked on what will be the base of the windmill part, although this base will sit on top of a house. The difficulty is going to keep a decent looking inside as I want it to be another “playable” building. I went for the brick by brick approach on this one, quicker than it looks. I’m also using PVC a lot, it’s quickly becoming my favourite material for building. So easy to cut, carve, bend, melt, glue,anything really.

Next the “tower” windmill…



Un Wip de +, c’est quoi d’ailleurs en français Wip…travail en progrès??? Bref un Wip…J’avais ce mini set dans mon coffre depuis au moins 20 ans et me suis dis qu’il serait temps d’en faire quelque chose. Je parle du set sur la deuxième photo. Il faisait partie à l’origine d’un set de ville médiévale en carton/plastic, le reste du set a du s’évaporer avec les années. Quoique ce soit un mini-set, je le trouve bien sympa et ai décidé de faire le moulin tout autour.

Je n’ai pas appelé ce post « Moulin Rouge » pour améliorer le nombre de visites sur mon blog mais bien parce que cela va être un moulin rouge…Je me suis inspiré de quelques photos sur le net, voir le montage plus bas.

Pour l’instant je n’ai fais que la base du moulin qui viendra s’assoir sur une maison. La difficulté de ce projet est de garder un intérieur assez joli car je vais en faire un bâtiment « jouable ». J’ai fais les pierres du mur une par une pour essayer une autre technique, assez rapide en fait. J’ai utilisé principalement du plastic pvc pour le reste, c’est vraiment en train de devenir mon matériau préféré pour les bâtiments : facile à fondre, couper, sculpter, coller, plier, tout quoi…

A suivre, la tour du moulin…



4 comments:

  1. Moulin Rouge ?...why not call it that to increase your hit numbers?? It´s looks bloody good so it deserves recognition.
    You´ve been modelling for 20 yrs!!? Good one.:-D
    I wish I had never left the "art" for so long as I have.
    Cheers
    paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, I havent been modelling for 20 years, but i have had that set sticking around in boxes easily for 20 years, we bought with friends when we were RP as teenagers used to.
    Like you I had a long break from it, only got back into it more seriously for about 2 years now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did wonder why you were posting about that Nicole Kidman fim????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great! You don't get too see enough windmills out there in gaming boards, so your project has added value. It reminds of me of the windmill from Legend of Zelda.

    ReplyDelete