Painting, Sculpting and Modelling for Games.


Thursday 26 May 2011

Layla bint suraya bint javaira(3)


Finished, basta, you have to stop sometimes and consider the thing finished. I could have carried on for a while but the massive pile to my right makes me think that I need to move on.

Overall, I’m happy enough with it. The skin really isn’t great, I wanted to do a very suntanned skin but I ended up pushing too much the reds and browns. There are a few rough areas; the sword does actually look better than what it is on the picture. I followed a quick tut for the gems which worked really well, some of them really popping out.

For the base that was a Sculpey job, fairly simple but I wanted something flat, Sahara-like, egyptian. A few bits from the garden to fluff it a bit and some flowers from A***.

It was a great pleasure to paint, as I already said, this was one of my all times favourite mini but there are plenty more to follow…



Fini, basta, terminée, il y a un moment ou il faut s’arrêter. J’aurais pu y passer quelques heures encore mais il y a une pile à ma droite qui me nargue^^.

Dans l’ensemble, je suis assez satisfait du résultat. La peau n’est pas terrible, je voulais faire une peau très bronzée mais à l’arrivée j’ai trop poussé les rouges et les marrons. Il y a quelques zones assez brouillonnes ; l’épée est mieux que ce qu’elle apparait sur la photo par contre. J’ai suivi un tut pour les gemmes qui a bien marché, certaines petent vraiment.

Pour le socle, c’était une affaire de Sculpey, simple et je voulais quelque chose de plat, Saharesque, égyptien. Quelques éléments du jardin et des fleurs de chez A***.

C’était un grand plaisir de peindre une telle figurine, comme je l’ai déjà dis, une de mes préférées mais y’en a d’autres à venir…

2 comments:

  1. Lovely work and I think the skin turned out very nice which you seemed to express some concern.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent painting. It is crisp and well defined. The horse is well done too. They were always my weak suit. Love the base.

    ReplyDelete