Painting, Sculpting and Modelling for Games.


Sunday, 5 December 2010

Irregular competition + wip


A quick painting update…I entered that guy in the Irregular competition for December. It’s a miniature from Foundry I believe I got in an old west set a while ago from EBay. I had to strip it before painting it which I really hate to do. I never seem to be able to get rid of everything which means some areas look really rough.

Anyway, overall I think it is decent tabletop standard but probably very light for competition. The competition required an historical mini between 15 and 40 mm and those old west guys were all that I had fitting in there. It gave me a chance to practice wood grain which worked ok and to use some of the slates I got from work for the base. I initially wanted to do a bigger diorama involving cactuses but just didn’t have time.

The second picture is also for a competition: the Heroes 2010. The challenge is to paint an old Grenadier miniature which is handy because I’ve got lots of them. Again I had to strip the dwarf badly; I painted it 20 years ago and broke his feet while removing the base. It’s been really messy. I greenstuffed new feet, a quick robe and changed some details: weapons + gems. I’m going to try to do some nice work on it as the miniature is not the most graceful, just very old school. Deadline is beginning of January so I can take my time.

I’ve been Mordheiming heavily this week, I’ll update tomorrow.

A quick thank to whoever bought 2 of my listed items, the skull base being my first sale (really made my day)!!!



Mise à jour rapide…Je viens d’envoyer une photo de ma figurine pour la compétition Irregular de ce trimestre. C’est une figurine produite par Foundry que j’ai acheté dans un lot de figurines western sur EBay il y a quelques mois de cela. J’ai du enlever la peinture qui est quelque chose que je déteste faire. Je n’arrive jamais à tout enlever complètement ce qui signifie que certaines parties de la figurine ne sont pas très nette.

Bref, je pense que c’est d’un niveau décent pour table de jeu mais probablement léger pour une compétition. Il fallait peindre une mini historique entre 15 et 40 mm. Ca m’a permis de pratiquer la texture de bois et d’utiliser les ardoises que j’ai récupérées du boulot pour le socle. A l’origine je voulais faire un diorama plus grand avec des cactus, bien western mais je n’ai pas eu le temps.

La 2eme photo est une mini pour le concours : The Heroes 2010. Il me faut peindre une mini de chez Grenadier ce qui est pratique vu que j’en ai plein. Ca a été un vrai massacre pour enlever la peinture. J’ai aussi cassé ses jambes en enlevant le socle. J’ai rapidement re sculpté des pieds, une partie de robe et changé quelques détails : armes + gemmes. I l me faut envoyer la photo finie en janvier donc je vais prendre le temps de bien la peindre vu l’aspect peu gracieux et old school de la figurine.

J’ai beaucoup Mordheimé cette semaine, je ferais un post demain a ce sujet.

Et pour finir, un gros merci aux personnes qui m’ont acheté 2 objets sur EBay, le socle avec les cranes étant ma première vente !!!

No comments:

Post a comment